THE ROSE BEARS RICH MYTHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATIONS WITH THE DIVINE FEMININE, SO IT IS NO COINCIDENCE THAT ROSE ESSENTIAL OIL IS ASSOCIATED WITH FEMININE ENERGETICS.
- Chinese Medicine names rose a powerful Yin tonic.
- Rose essential oil is known for regulating menstruation and helping women through menopause. Many aromatherapists believe rose essential oil to exert a tonic effect on the uterus and to aid in conception.
- The emotional effects of rose essential oil may be even more important than its physical ones. Rose is said to promote feelings of self-worth and confidence, specifically in women, and is considered especially helpful in cases of postpartum “blues.”
- Rose essential oil can lift a heavy mood and inspire feelings of beauty and self-confidence in those times when we just feel inadequate or less attractive.
- Rose essential oil’s ability to comfort is well-known and has been described as feeling like a mother’s warm embrace. For this reason, it is a wonderful essential oil to use for anyone who has had a loss or trauma, who is facing death, or who needs to experience the deeply nurturing aspect of the Sacred Feminine for any reason.
- Beautifully fragrant and subtle rose essential oil is a wonderful way to honor the Sacred Feminine and to bring the Goddesses’ gifts of rejuvenation and healing into your home and into your life.
Rose absolute is one of the most coveted and expensive absolutes on the face of the Earth. It possesses an aphrodisiac olfactory quality that is unmistakable and sublime. Rose petals are harvested by hand prior to sunrise to capture its purest essence. It takes between 5,000 and 10,000 pounds of rose petals to produce 1 pound of rose essential oil. Its water is a symbol of love and purity used in meditation and prayer. In ancient medicine rose was used for strengthening the heart, treating menstrual bleeding, digestive problems, and in the reduction of inflammation.
Recent studies have demonstrated rose has anti-HIV properties, antioxidant capability, antitussive (cough suppressant), and is used for relaxation and to calm spasms. It has been reported that rose possesses sedative and hypnotic effects With its mild antiviral and antibacterial properties, rose essential oil assists with nausea, headaches, broken capillaries, irregular menstruation, aging mature skin, is balancing and rejuvenating to the skin, eczema, palpitations, and mouth infections. It is very effective as an antidepressant, helps with impotence, nervous tension, and is a powerful aphrodisiac.
Rose absolute is antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, astringent, emmenagogue, hemostatic, sedative, tonic, antiviral
Rose absolute is an exotic and sensual addition to cosmetic applications, personal care formulations, soaps, perfumery, incense, and candles.