Tonight I am writing this blog as I sit in the high desert in beautiful Utah. I am sending this blog early to share with you that tonight (~60 hrs prior to the Full Moon) is a great time to notice any triggers that happen under a Full Moon. Under this Virgo Full Moon, may find yourself feeling a bit judgmental of others, or getting caught up in details or perfectionism that keeps you from acting or getting things done. Being aware of this time is helpful.
On Tuesday, February 19th at 7:53 am PST or (10:53 am EST) we have a Super Full Moon in Virgo. This moon carries mystical earthy energy that might move you through deep, unconscious feelings. Now is a time to look at what needs to come to an end and what you are ready to bring to life.
Native Americans called this Moon the Worm Moon as this is the time of the year when the earth begins to soften and the earthworms begin to make their way to the surface.
Virgo is a feminine, mutable, earth sign. She rules the intestines, digestive and nervous system. Her ruling planet is Mercury. She is all about intellect, communication, wisdom, and intuition!
Virgo Moons can open up our energy around our life paths and encourage us to bring our radiance out into the world to support healing for ourselves and others. This is a wonderful time to work with your Throat Chakra. Clearing the Throat Chakra helps you to have good, clear communication enabling you to express yourself authentically.
Full Moon Ceremony
Full Moons are a time for releasing, letting go and recalibrating. Under a Full Moon in Virgo, you may find that your organizational skills are available and so grab that urge and run with it!
Taking time for the ceremony can deeply nourish your spirit and soul and afterward, you may find that you are more clear and connected to your center. If you can gather with others under this Moon, please do!
A sweet ceremony for you:
- Go for a walk in nature. A park is good, or by a river or lake is lovely. Watch for signs of spring birds (robin, sandhill cranes and Canadian geese moving north again) or just catch the singing birds. I am in love with the songs of the red-wing blackbirds, they are crazy beautiful right now. Watch for tree buds or flowers breaking through the earth.
- Then when you get home to take a look at the symbolism of the birds or animals or trees you take in and how you can work with their energy under this Full Moon. Here are a few examples of what I saw and what they are teaching me to work with as I move into the Full Moon Energy:
- Daffodil: Her message is about trusting in one’s power. It calls for the awakening of inspiration, of a new season upon us. She calls us to trust in our creativity and power ~ we have more power to change things than we realize! I will be holding onto the message of trusting in my power to change.
- Juniper Tree Buds: a message of protection, love, health, and cleansing ~ I will work on the cleansing!
- Redwing Blackbird: Teaches us about the energies of Mother Nature. The red wing blackbird is connected to the creative forces of nature. Her black color is associated with the Cabalistic Tree of Life (symbolizing fresh starts or positive energy), the red in her wing is a symbol of energy, and the yellow is the color of the path that connects the two, the path of cancer, the mother of the zodiac! I will be working on connecting my energy to positive, fresh starts.
- This is also a wonderful time to find a prayer stick. There are many fallen sticks on the soft, wet, earth right now. So if you find one that is calling you ~ bring it home and let it dry out and we will work with again next month.
- Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- What is stirring in you?
- Is there something you are called to begin?
- What is needing to end? Let go?
- Create your altar. Add colors of the earth: green, brown, reds and yellows. Gemstones you might want to work with are agates, blue sapphires, carnelian or Jasper. A few great scents to work with are cypress and frankincense or burn a little sweet grass. Place your new prayer stick on the altar (more on how to use and dress your prayer stick later <3)
- Make a cup of Tea for your ceremony ~
- Fennel tea is great for digestive issues;
- Valerian is very calming for the nervous system;
- Skullcap is perfect for quieting a busy mind!
Mother Earth is shifting into spring and we are shifting with her ~ feel the movement? We live in a world where endings are beginnings and beginnings are endings ~ everything comes full circle. We take for granted that each day we wake up to the new US, to someone we have never been before and will never be again.
Catch the Moonlight over these coming evenings ~ open your curtains and soak up her light while sleeping or in the morning during your meditation/ritual. It is something magical to experience. And who knows it may shine light into areas you never knew existed ~ but be prepared that it may not be something you wanted to know and so it is sometimes jarring ~ but always healing.
And …. don’t forget to put out your Moon Water gems ~